IOM in Peru
Peru has been an IOM Member State of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) since 1966. The Peruvian Government formally accepted the Constitution of IOM by Decree Law No. 17559, dated April 1, 1969.
Since then, IOM has provided technical assistance and advice to the Peruvian Government, other public entities and civil society organizations on migration management, promotion of human rights of migrants, emergency response to natural disasters, among others.
- Migration Policy, Research and Border Management
- Counter –Trafficking
- Labour migration and human development
- Emergencies and vulnerable population
- Assistance to migrants and operations
- Technical Assistance and National Projects of Development
More information (in Spanish) is available on the IOM Peru website.