Gerardo Carstens is a qualified specialist, with 40 years of experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management, Quality Assurance Reviews (QARs), Sarbanes Oxley Act, Corporate Governance, and Business Ethics in Multinational Companies, Consulting Firms, and International Organizations.
He is a Public Accountant from La Salle University in Mexico since 1985; has a Top Management Diploma from Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección (IPADE/Harvard Business School) since 2001; is a CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) from The Institute of Internal Auditors since 1995, and a CRMA (Certification on Risk Management Assurance) from The Institute of Internal Auditors since 2011.
He is a frequent speaker on Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, and Business Ethics in different local and international forums.
He worked in Internal Audit and Risk Management in several positions for organizations in different industries such as:
- International Organizations: VisionFund / World Vision, UNICEF, and the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)
- Private Sector: UNILEVER-BESTFOODS, Kraft Foods, The Quaker Oats Company, Colgate Palmolive, and Walmart.
- Accounting Firms: Deloitte & Touche, and as SOX Independent Consultant
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS (Volunteer Activities)
He has been a volunteer for almost 30 years of The Institute of Internal Auditors, and has served in numerous capacities such as Member of the Board of Directors, Vice-Chairman of the Board – Professional Development, Member of the Executive Committee, Chairman of the International Relations Committee, etc.
- Recipient of “The IIA Chairman´s Exceptional Volunteer Citation” in 1999.
- Recipient of the first decoration given by the Latin American Federation of Internal Auditors (FLAI), as “Latin American Internal Auditor” in 1998.