The Manila Administrative Centre is IOM’s global administrative hub based in the Philippines which provides a range of administrative services mainly covering human resources, finance, legal affairs, procurement, and supply, staff safety and security, audit, publications and research, migration health, project monitoring, online communications and IT.
- Global Procurement and Supply Unit
The Global Procurement and Supply Unit provides supply chain management assistance to meet operational and office needs relating to procurement processes and the purchase and delivery of goods and services in a timely, efficient, convenient and transparent manner. The Unit also manages assets and maintains agreements with vendors. The Unit keeps track of and promotes best practices in procurement in keeping with established policies. It is also tasked with ensuring the quality and safety of the goods and services procured through adequate controls and documentation.
- Global Migration Health Support Unit
The Global Migration Health Support Unit provides global support services to field offices, Headquarters and IOM donors on administrative and financial matters, statistics, reports, research, health informatics and knowledge management in order to facilitate monitoring, standardization and increased efficiency and quality of migration health programmes worldwide.
- Information and Communications Technology Operations Centre
The Information and Communications Technology Operations Centre consolidates the Organization’s ICT support through a 24 hours a day, seven days a week global service centre and supports internal business functions and enhance the delivery of IOM services to migrants and Member States. The Operations Centre acts as the focal point for IOM field offices on matters related to ICT service delivery and support. It defines ICT standards and solutions and facilitates the development and support of PRISM and other applications such as MiMOSA and iGATOR. The Operations Centre is also responsible for IOM’s intranet and document management system.
- Online Communications Unit
The Online Communications Unit is part of the HQ Media and Communications Division – a unit of the Department of International Cooperation and Partnerships (ICP). OCU is responsible for online communication strategies and advocates globally for online communications as outreach tools to engage with external audiences. It is responsible for the design of IOM’s global, regional, mission and project websites, ensuring that they are consistent with IOM’s strategic communications approach corporate visual identity. It also works closely with ICT. It also advises the organization on IOM’s online and offline branding and provides graphic design services to HQ and missions worldwide. It is responsible for producing the Migration Newsdesks / Media Briefings, in close coordination with MCD News at HQ, for external and internal distribution. OCU also manages IOM’s social media channels. It develops social media campaigns and supports the social media campaigns of partner agencies. It is responsible for the online Media Library and the online Communication Campaigns Library. The unit is also responsible for developing community response map websites for community engagement projects worldwide.
- IOM Pension Administration
The IOM Pension Administration is responsible for and provides services in all matters related to the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). It is the focal point for the UNJSPF, affiliated field offices and IOM staff members who participate in the Fund. The IOM Pension Administration is also tasked with registration, document processing, data tracking, reporting and interpretation of the UNJSPF rules and regulations. The Unit also serves as the Staff Pension Committee secretariat.
- Contract Review Division
The Contract Division is an integral part of the Office of Legal Affairs and is the global focal point responsible for reviewing contracts, agreements and memorandums of understanding, declarations, and consent and waiver forms, among others. It also provides legal advice on disputes related to contractual relationships with external entities and on terminating contractual relationships. The Contract Division has a unit in Manila and a unit in Panama.
- Office of the Inspector General Unit
The Office of the Inspector General Unit conducts internal audits, including compliance, performance and management audits, and undertakes investigations of IOM’s activities worldwide.
- Manila Financial Services
The Manila Financial Services, composed of several units listed below, is responsible for providing overall financial management support, including accounting, budget and treasury support, to IOM field offices.
- The Central Accounting Support assists in the preparation of financial management and special donor reports and in month-end and year-end closing of accounts, reviews accounts receivable and revenue accounts, processes travel claims and performs bank reconciliations, among other tasks.
- The Manila Budget Support confirms project funding reviews, manages the annual terminal emoluments exercise and uploads project budget data into PRISM.
- The Manila Treasury Support processes payments and funding requests from Field Offices and airline and medical claims payments, facilitates payroll payment transfers for international staff worldwide, prepares summaries of daily bank balances, maintains a database of all IOM bank accounts and processes all payments for operations in the Philippines.
- The PRISM Central Support Team manages all the master data in PRISM in close coordination with the Accounting Division. It ensures the consistency and accuracy of master data to facilitate general and specific financial reporting.
- The Regional Accounting Support conducts account validation for Field Offices, account reviews, monitoring and clearing of suspense accounts, bank reconciliations, reviews and endorsement of donor financial reports and payroll reviews. It also assists with project closure coordination and provides Field Offices with accounting advice and audit support, as needed.
- MFS Crisis Support, in close coordination with the crisis support functions of the Department of Resources Management, helps offices responding to emergencies and crises by monitoring the financial situation, assisting in resources management functions, promoting capacity-building, monitoring the allocation and repayment of loans granted under the Migration Emergency Funding Mechanism and the Emergency Preparedness Account, providing immediate advice and ensuring rapid response.
- IDF Project Monitoring and Finance Support Unit, in close coordination with the IOM Development Fund Unit at Headquarters, supports the overall administration of the Fund by monitoring its funded projects globally from start to finish, providing technical support on administrative and financial matters and promoting financial effectiveness and efficient use of project funds in accordance with established policies.
- Business Processes Improvement and Quality Assurance, in close coordination with the Accounting and Financial Reporting Division and other relevant units, is involved in developing and implementing business process improvement plans and quality assurance strategies relating to accounting and financial reporting functions, in compliance with the Organization’s accounting policies and procedures. It is also responsible for conducting special projects to improve the efficiency and quality assurance of existing processes and systems.
- Manila Human Resources Operations
The Manila Human Resources Operations provides human resources administration support for all Professional staff worldwide and General Service staff at Headquarters. It is responsible for the recruitment process, personnel administration and payroll of all Professional and Headquarters General Service staff and for the provision of administrative services relating to staff health and staff development and learning.
- Resettlement and Movement Management Division
The Resettlement and Movement Management Division, composed of the Airline Invoice Settlement Section, the Movement Systems Support Unit and the Data Monitoring Section, is responsible for maintaining the Movement Support Site – which is the point of reference for all operations personnel worldwide, expediting the settlement of airline invoices, monitoring refunds, identifying discrepancies related to unused tickets, and so on. It also collates field movement statistics and reviews the suitability of existing movement and migration-related systems.
- Resources Management Unit
The Resources Management Unit is composed of six sections – Project Monitoring, Common Services, Local Procurement and Logistics, Staff Travel, Local Human Resources and Accounts Payable. The Project Monitoring Unit provides budgeting, financial analysis and reporting support for specific global projects and programmes, such as resettlement to the United States, the Junior Professional Officer Programme, visa application centres for Canada and the United Kingdom, the Family Assistance Programme of Germany and counter-trafficking programmes and other programmes. Other resources management sections mainly provide administrative support to all Manila Administrative Centre units.
- Research and Publications Unit
The Research and Publications Unit supports the production of IOM’s main publications by providing editing, layout and cover design services, coordinating with printers, distributing publications to Field Offices, sending electronic alerts on new publications and managing the publications page on the intranet and online bookstore section of the IOM website.
- Office of Staff Security, Manila Unit
The Manila Unit of the Office of Staff Security collaborates closely with the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and the United Nations security management system and other security stakeholders. It directly monitors and provides advice on issues that affect the safety and security of IOM staff and offices worldwide, the protection of assets or any matter in that regard which may have a negative impact on the reputation of the Organization.
- Contact Us
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Manila (Global) Administrative Centre
25th Floor, Tower 6789, Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Philippines
Tel: +63 2 8230 1999