Purpose and Scope
Migration Policy Practice is a bimonthly journal that only contributes articles from, and that is overseen by, policymakers working in the field of migration policy.
Its key features are as follows.
- The journal is published online, every two months.
- As a general rule, articles do not exceed 2,500 words and follow a non-academic and reader-friendly style (they are, however, subject to a strict editorial policy that ensures the accuracy and scientific rigour of each contribution).
- Articles are written for the benefit of – and as often as possible by – policymakers in national/EU/International public agencies, and in civil society.
- The journal relies on an editorial board that is composed, exclusively, of policymakers working in the field of migration policy.
- Articles are published after consultation with relevant members of the editorial board, based on their policy relevance, their topicality, and the quality of the policy solutions/options they provide.
- The journal aims to follow a time-efficient review and publication process which, as a general rule, allows approved articles to be published within three weeks of their submission, including the consultation with relevant members of the editorial board.
- Each issue of the journal includes a minimum of three articles.