Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
This position is located in Manila Administrative Center, Global Supply Chain Unit, Global Procurement Support Team under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and the overall supervision of the Head, Manila Supply Chain Unit.
The Manila Supply Chain Unit (MSCU), being part of Manila Administrative Center of IOM, provides advisory, back-office, global warehouse operations and field procurement support services for IOM projects implemented worldwide. The procuremet support team carries out global solicitation processes for the purpose of establishing global and regional long-term agreements (LTAs) which can be used by all missions globally and satisfy the mission most recurring and critical needs. The team also provides procurement support services for emergency operations and for other IOM offices that require additional capacity and support to enable missions to execute their projects and achieve objectives.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist Unit Head and Team Lead in managing and ensuring effective controls and processes are in place to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of procurement transactions by MSCU procurement staff for Field Missions.
- Plan and facilitate procurement actions for assigned projects for global, regional and country Mission requirements, most of which are highly complex: a) Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, obtain additional information and or documentation as required, provide assistance to requisitioners in preparing scope of work and specifications of goods and services; b) Prepare and finalize Source Selection Plan for complex purchases; c) Post tender requirement in the IOM and UNGM websites for formal solicitations; d) Produce tender documents (e.g. Invitation to bids, Request for Proposals and Request for Quotations) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Compile and present procurement data for presentations and/or report monitoring: a) Follow up with sections to expedite the process of technical evaluation; b) Submit upon initial screening technical proposals to the requisitioner or the Bid Evaluation Committee for technical evaluation; c) Prepare and analyze abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which vendor could deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible; d) Prepare presentations for review and clearance by the MSCU Head and present for procurement compliance review in respect of all proposed contract awards exceeding the MSCU’s authority, and obtain recommendation for approval from the MAC Director .
- Draft and issue Contracts; and post-award financial management a) Draft Purchase Orders, Supply and Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Amendment to the Contracts and POs, Prepare Statement of Awards, Ensure that Contracts/PO are timely renewed; b) Resolve issues/problems related to delivered goods / rendered services, including discrepancies between contracts/purchase orders and articles received; prepare, sign and return to vendor forms for unacceptable services and/or goods received; c) Monitor POs and contracts including follow up actions and follow up for timely delivery of goods and services. Raise Change Order if required; d) Liaise permanently with the rest of the Procurement Units in order to ensure that contracts/ purchase orders are timely renewed; and follow up with requisitioner for completeness and submission of vendor performance report after completion of the order / contract and take appropriate action; e) Maintain relevant internal database and files, keeps track of any contractual agreements and informs respective contract management officials and end users of contractual rights and obligations, monitor deadlines (e.g. delivery dates, expiry dates, renewal dates, etc.) taking appropriate and timely action to ensure timely delivery.
- Work in coordination with HQ Supply Chain Division and thematic specialists, for providing operational procurement, logistic and emergency support on critical requirements.
- Provide assistance to field missions on shipping methods and services, risk and costs for domestic and international shipments.
- In coordination with the MSCU Head and Team Lead, establish and manage Global Long Term Agreements to achieve best value for money and procurement lead-time efficiency.
- In coordination with the MSCU Head and Team Lead, liaise with UN and humanitarian agencies on collaborative tenders.
- Build, manage, and review global vendor list with their qualifications and compliance to business needs through market research, participation on exhibits and collaboration with UN and other humanitarian agencies
- Undergo duty travel (TDY) for field mission’s procurement assistance.
- Seek clarification and/or obtain documents from suppliers/vendors if required in the technical and financial evaluation.
- Prepare procurement monitoring reports and documents as required.
- Prepare Request for Payment for submission to Accounts Payable Unit for timely processing of payment to vendors. Perform other related duties as may be required.
- University degree Business Administration, Accounting or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience in procurement and logistics, international vendor sourcing and contract negotiation of which one year experience in UN system or multinational organization; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience;
- Trainings, diploma courses on procurement (at least CIPS Level 2 or similar) and logistics an advantage.
- Professional experience in public procurement and logistics.
- Experience in public procurement oversight, contract review, advisory is desirable.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as Word. Power Point and Excel; knowledge of other applications such as Power BI and Visio will be desirable;
- Excellent communications, teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail-oriented.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online by clicking on the APPLY button and completing the profile registration.