To better understand the overall migration situation in Cameroon, please consult the IOM study Migration au Cameroun : Profil National 2009 (in French) available as a free download from the following link: https://publications.iom.int/books/migration-au-cameroun-profil-national-2009
- Migration activities
Project: EUTF – IOM initiative for the protection and reintegration of migrants in Cameroon
- Support Cameroon in improving the reintegration of returning migrants and in strengthening the capacity of national authorities in managing reintegration in a sustainable and dignified manner.
- Allow returning and potential migrants to take informed decisions about their migration route and raise awareness among communities on the risks of irregular migration, as well as on the existing socio-economic opportunities available in the areas of implementation.
- Strengthening migration data and communication regarding migrants’ routes, migrations fluxes and trends. Also, raising awareness on the needs and vulnerabilities of migrants in the target countries in order to support data based programming on migration.
Donor: European Union
Project: Emergency assistance to conflict-affected populations in Cameroon: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
Since the onset of the Boko Haram crisis in 2014, the Far Not Region of Cameroon has experienced significant population movements. As of IOM’s December 2017 Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) report, there were 241,030 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), 31,656 out of camp refugees and 69,730 returnees in the Region. In 2018, IOM Cameroon continues to implement its DTM as to provide the most accurate information to the humanitarian community, the government and all the other stakeholders as to, in fine, bring an appropriate response to the crisis.
Donor: European Union Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid (ECHO), the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF)
- Migration research
Project: Strengthening the management of financial resources generated by the diaspora to support the sustainable development of Cameroon
- Survey of 1000 Cameroonian households as to understand how these funds are used and how to improve the impact of these transfers on the living conditions of the beneficiaries.
- To strengthen the capacities of the private and public institutions as well as of the politic leaders in terms of: identification, design and development of policies and initiatives related to the transfer of funds of the Cameroonian migrants.
- Promotion of more productive funds transfers through the sensitization of the various stakeholders: economic operators, migrants and households.
- To identify the actions to undertake as to allow a better channeling of the funds of the diaspora.
Donor: IOM Devlopment Fund (IDF)
- Career Opportunities
Position Grade Closing Date Project Officer Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) P1 or NO-A 8 August 2022 DTM Senior Assistant G6 8 August 2022 Local Security Assistant G6 5 July 2022 CVAC Client Service and IT Assistant (Canada Visa Application Centre) G4 4 July 2022 Operations Assistant – Team Leader (Field Support) (2 posts) G5 30 June 2022 Nurse - Migration Health G4 equivalent 27 June 2022 Laboratory Technologist G4 equivalent 27 June 2022 Radiologic Technologist G4 equivalent 27 June 2022 CVAC Client Service Assistant (Canada Visa Application Centre) G4 19 June 2022
- Procurement Opportunities
Title Closing Date Call for Tender (in French) 06 July 2022
- Contact information
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Ave URSS, Rue 1.826, Bâtiment 171