Who we are
WHO WE AREThe International Organization for Migration (IOM) is part of the United Nations System as the leading inter-governmental organization promoting since 1951 humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all, with 175 member states and a presence in 171 countries.
Our WorkAs the leading inter-governmental organization promoting since 1951 humane and orderly migration, IOM plays a key role to support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through different areas of intervention that connect both humanitarian assistance and sustainable development.
- Where we work
- Take Action
- Data and Research
- 2030 Agenda
Facts and Figures
-15.6 migrants/ 1,000 population
The IOM office in the Central African Republic (CAR) was established in January 2014 in response to migratory issues and displacement resulting from outbreaks of violence in the country.
The IOM mission in CAR is currently implementing the following projects:
- Support for the stabilization and immediate recovery of communities at risk in CAR (SIRIRI)
- Reduction of community violence in CAR
- Strengthening inter-community dialogue and non-violent conflict resolution in Ouham Pende, CAR
- Strengthening national response and awareness-raising capacities to combat human trafficking and other forms of exploitation in CAR
- Emergency humanitarian assistance to internally displaced persons (IDPs), returnees and host communities
The main office of the mission is in Bangui, with four additional sub-offices in Boda, Ndélé, Paoua and Kaga Bandoro.
- Contact information
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
SICA 1, Bonga-Bonga
Ex Studio JOWICE
Central African Republic