Facts and Figures
-1.5 migrants/1,000 population
USD 30 million
The IOM country office in Eswatini falls under the purview of the IOM Regional Office for Southern Africa in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Migration initiatives
In 2020, IOM Eswatini will continue engaging with the Government, migrants, civil society, the private sector and the media on a range of initiatives implemented towards ensuring migration management policies and practices that enable safe, orderly and regular migration to, from and within the country. These initiatives will include the following:
- Support the Government in the fight against trafficking in persons. IOM will support the Government in the implementation of action to protect victims of trafficking, prosecute traffickers and prevent trafficking.
- Support the Government address mixed migration flows by increasing its capacity to identify and assist vulnerable migrants.
- Support the Government in the fight against HIV/AIDS among the mobile population.
- Support the Government to operationalize the labour migration policy.
- Promote the active engagement of the Swazi diaspora to promote sustainable development of the country.
- Contact information
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
1st floor UN House
Somhlolo Road, Mbabane
Kingdom of Eswatini