Who we are
WHO WE AREThe International Organization for Migration (IOM) is part of the United Nations System as the leading inter-governmental organization promoting since 1951 humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all, with 175 member states and a presence in 171 countries.
Our WorkAs the leading inter-governmental organization promoting since 1951 humane and orderly migration, IOM plays a key role to support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through different areas of intervention that connect both humanitarian assistance and sustainable development.
- Where we work
- Take Action
- Data and Research
- 2030 Agenda
Real-time security alerts and critical information updates in the palm of staff’s hands. Emergency assistance at the push of a button. Instant reports from staff in the field.
SCAAN is a digital platform and mobile application designed to deliver timely, effective and efficient communications and assistance to field staff, particularly during an emergency or crisis. Staff can download and use the SCAAN app to communicate directly with security personnel.
SCAAN mobile app and live dashboard:
- Provide a robust 360 staff security environment
- Deliver geolocalized advisories on real-time threats and critical incidents to staff
- Alert security personnel instantly during a crisis through a one-touch "panic button"
- Expedite headcount of staff during emergencies
- Enable staff to quickly inform security management about threats to their safety
- Enhance security warning and response through geolocation service
- Facilitate submission of UN and other travel clearance on the go
SCAAN is developed jointly by IOM's Office of Staff Security and Media and Communications Division in collaboration with CENTRIC at Sheffield Hallam University.
To learn more, visit https://scaan.app/.