Who we are
WHO WE AREThe International Organization for Migration (IOM) is part of the United Nations System as the leading inter-governmental organization promoting since 1951 humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all, with 175 member states and a presence in 171 countries.
Our WorkAs the leading inter-governmental organization promoting since 1951 humane and orderly migration, IOM plays a key role to support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through different areas of intervention that connect both humanitarian assistance and sustainable development.
- Where we work
- Take Action
- Data and Research
- 2030 Agenda
Candidates will be reviewed against the following criteria in addition to the requirements outlined in the respective Terms of Reference:
- Educational qualifications
- Depth of relevant experience in IOM Mandate Areas
- Previous/current UN experience and/or public sector experience
- Depth of managerial experience
- Languages (six UN languages and Portuguese)
- Volunteer experience
The current and future organizational demands will be the main factor in selecting candidates for assessment. Due consideration will be made to:
- Demonstrated high performance
- Completion or near completion mandatory years of service in current post
- Rotation date (internal staff who are due for rotation will be prioritized).
- Staff members whose post are being abolished
- Staff members and candidates who are willing to serve in hardship/non-family duty station
In the overall selection of candidates, the aim will be to strike a balance between addressing the current organizational needs as well as focusing on gender balance, geographical representation, internal vs external, national to international, technical to managerial and general services to professional.
As the assessment process for the Pathways Pool will be carried out at least once a year, those who are not able to participate in the assessment this round may have opportunities to apply again in future.
If this is of interest to you, please apply via the IOM e-recruitment system.