Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Manila Human Resources Operations (MHRO), and direct supervision of the Payroll Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the administrative tasks related to the needs of the MHRO Payroll unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Draft routine correspondence; consolidate tables, reports, presentations, publications, and other documentation.
- Enter, retrieve, structure and update selected information and data from various sources (e.g., Intra-/Internet, SharePoint, office files, etc.); present results in standard format.
- Initiate, view, and track a variety of administrative transactions in the computerized financial / travel / human resources systems.
- Support the organization and administration of meetings, workshops, and events (e.g., arranging for meeting rooms, communication platform (MS Teams, Zoom etc.) links and other facilities.
- Liaise with commons services and procurement units to ensure availability of office supplies and appropriate maintenance of office equipment.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related fields from an accredited institution with two (2) years of relevant professional experience; or,
- High school diploma with four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government, or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting in the area of administrative/executive support is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. One Drive, MS Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize electronic files/paperwork in a methodical way.
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things.
- High level of computer literacy.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online by clicking on the APPLY button and completing the profile registration.