Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the OHU Senior Administrative Officer, Occupational Health Unit Manila (OHU MAC), in coordination with the OHU National Medical Admin Ofiicer and in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of the Occupational Health Unit Geneva (OHU Geneva) and the Director of the Manila (Global) Administrative Center, the successful candidate is responsible for the management of all sick leaves for Field staff and Professionals within OHU’s population – validation in PRISM, request documentation, provide guidance on the process of sick leave request for approval; Management of Prolonged sick leaves; Coordination with HR Timekeeper for recording; Data gathering Preparing statistics of SLs, responsible for scanning and uploading of medical files, maintaining and updating of medical records, receiving, opening and recording of mails, other administrative and secretarial functions of the unit and is bound by the code of medical confidentiality in respect to all information related to the work.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Process all sick leaves of staff that belonging to OHU MAC population as well as all staff based in OHU Geneva. (this is what’s happening now but needs to be taken out eventually)
- Validate all certified sick leaves registered in PRISM
- Ensure that all staff, report and document all their sick leave for both occupational and nonoccupational events.
- Request and ensure that supporting documents are received in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and endorse to HR all approved certified SLs in PRISM for proper recording.
- Answer and provide guidance to all SL related queries and concerns and ascertain staff adhere to the Sick leave policy.
- Monitor recurrent SL patterns and coordinate with OHU Medical officer for further medical investigation/assessment.
- Identify new cases of prolonged sick leaves
- Pick up prolonged sick leave/potential prolonged sick leave cases and enter in the table of PSL
- Monitor and follow up cases on a monthly basis for proper recording of certified sick leaves
- Ensure that each staff is updated with the required medical certificate and medical reports
- Make sure all leaves are validated and coordinate with HR as well as Insurance unit Geneva for proper recording of SLs, monitoring of leave balance and salary charges
- Update the PSL table on a monthly basis and share with OHU in Geneva as well as Insurance unit Geneva so appropriate action can be taken on a possible IME referral, a possible disability benefit, or guidance on a slow return to work.
- Provide assistance to OHU Medical Officer or, Chief of OHU Geneva on review of cases:
- Create summary of reports received.
- Create chronological order of staff connecting with OHU (communications, submission)
- Collate and share all repots, certificates and medica results.
- Coordinate with HR focal/Timekeeper on staff’s available leave balance.
- Maintain IOM staff record and Filing system in appropriate, secured storage locations.
- Ensure that all medical documents of Staff within OHU Manila population are scanned, uploaded in the Occupational database and placed in their respective binders.
- Upload processed pdf files as they come (Medical exams)
- Update and sort staff medical files on regular basis, identifying those that are no longer active, separated, transferred or retired, needed archiving or destruction.
- Generate data and other information on SLs required for year-end reports and other statistical reports.
- Provide backup support in the absence of other Administrative assistant to maintain continuous workflow processes of the unit.
- Perform other OHU Administrative functions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as HR Personnel from different missions and update them with the latest developments and information that are related to medical and occupational health.
- Provide necessary guidance and assistance to staff members on medical exam procedures and on queries pertaining to medical or non-medical related matters.
- Provide insights and support in improving processes in OHU
- Receive mails and ensure that all mails addressed to OHU Manila are dated, recorded, sorted and distributed to other colleagues or other units.
- Any other related duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Nursing, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three (3) years of relevant professional experience; or,
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five (5) years of relevant professional experience.
- Certification from a nursing board is an advantage.
Accredited Universities are those listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database.
- Relevant experience in administrative work; medical administration.
- Experience working with minimum supervision.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Experience with HR IT systems and applications an advantage.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online by clicking on the APPLY button and completing the profile registration.