The objectives of the Prague Process are to generally strengthen cooperation in migration management, and specifically to explore and develop agreed-upon principles and elements for close migration partnerships between the participating countries.
- Initiated under the Czech presidency of the EU through the endorsement of the “Building Migration Partnerships” joint declaration;
- Proceeds through Action Plans endorsed through regular Ministerial Conferences and annual Senior Officials Meetings;
- Focuses on asylum, legal migration, irregular migration and migration and development; and
- Supports the EU’s Global Approach to Migration and Mobility.
Secretariat is termed “project support unit”, and is run by ICMPD.
- Senior Officials Meeting, June 15-16, 2016, Cracow, Poland
- Project Steering Committee Meeting, May 25, 2016, Vienna, Austria
- Sixth Core Group Meeting, April 5, 2016, Warsaw, Poland
- National Contact Points meeting on the Knowledge base, data collection and analysis, February 11-12, 2016, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 3rd Prague Process Ministerial Conference, September 20, 2016, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Senior Officials Meeting, September 19, 2016 , Bratislava, Slovakia
- 28-29 October 2014 – Senior Officials’ Meeting, Berlin, Germany
- 7-8 December 2015 – Senior Officials’ Meeting
- 12-13 February 2015 – Workshop “Applied Knowledge in a Migration Policy Dialog: data collection, exchange, and application”, Lisbon, Portugal
- 6-7 July 2015 – Senior Officials’ Meeting, Budapest, Hungary
- 6-7 May 2014 – PP2 and PP3 Joint Workshop, Yerevan, Armenia
- 19-20 March 2014 – PP4 Final Conference
- 27-28 February 2013 Senior Officials’ Meeting in Prague.
- January 2013 Expert-level Workshop on Migration Profiles in Chisinau, Moldova
- 20 November 2012 Core Group Meeting in Warsaw, Poland
- November 2011 Ministerial Conference in Poland
Tel: +43 1 504 4677 0