The IOM Diversity, Inclusion and Social Cohesion (DISC) Initiative is a multi-year, flexible and demand- led initiative to enhance IOM’s capacity and programming to support Member States and relevant partners in the areas of migrant integration, inclusion and social cohesion.
The DISC Initiative serves as a platform to share, learn, develop and implement innovative strategies and interventions that tap into the existing assets and potential of both migrants and communities. It aims to:
- Promote a shared understanding and whole-of-society approach to migrant inclusion and social cohesion
- Develop the skills and capacities of different stakeholders to facilitate inclusion and social cohesion
- Foster an evidence-based and unifying narrative on the contributions of both migrants and communities.
- Three Key Pillars
- DISC Digests and Briefs
- DISC Digest 1st Edition
- DISC Digest 2nd Edition: Private sector’s engagement in migrants’ labour market integration
- DISC Digest 3rd Edition: No Social Exclusion in Social Distancing
- DISC Digest 4th Edition: Digitalization and Migrant Inclusion
- DISC Brief on Xenophobia and Migrant Inclusion
- DISC Brief on Migrant Integration Planning and Measurement Tools