The mandate of the Office of the Inspector General is to provide the Director General with independent, objective assurance and systematic review and advice, to add value to and improve the design, delivery and operations of IOM’s programmes and projects.
The purpose, authority and responsibilities of the Office are set out in the Charter of the Office of the Inspector General. The Office contributes to oversight at IOM through its internal audit and investigation functions. As part of its assurance mandate, the Office determines whether the objectives of IOM are pursued efficiently and effectively, and in compliance with the Organization’s regulations, rules and expected results. It also provides, at the Administration’s request, consulting and advisory services on organizational issues and policies, and conducts independent reviews.
The Office carries out its internal audit function in general conformance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors, and its investigation function in alignment with the Uniform Principles and Guidelines for Investigations endorsed by the Conference of International Investigators and with due regard to the jurisprudence of the International Labour Organization Administrative Tribunal.
OIG Annual Reports
- 2022 (S/31/4 Report on the work of the Office of the Inspector General)
- 2021 (S/29/3 Report on the work of the Office of the Inspector General)
- 2020 (S/27/6 Report on the work of the Office of the Inspector General)
- 2019 (S/25/8 Report on the work of the Office of the Inspector General)
- 2018 (S/23/4 Report on the work of the Office of the Inspector General)